Major applications for developments across Oxford could get the go-ahead at a meeting tonight (Tuesday 8th October 2019).
Work at Gibbs Crescent and Simon House, in Paradise Street, had been expected to get planning permission at a meeting last month.
The applications were pulled from the agenda at the last minute following council advice.
The work would see both developments bulldozed and then replaced with new complexes.
In Gibbs Crescent, 140 homes would be built if the application is approved.
Guido Schuette, 46, died in a blast there in February 2017. Oxfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board said neither police nor mental health services could have stopped him causing the explosion.
While 30 apartments would be built at Simon House.
Typically, half of all new developments in Oxford would need to be made up of affordable housing.
But A2Dominion, which owns both sites, wants to put more affordable housing in Gibbs Crescent than it would need to – but then allocate none in Simon House.
Oxford City Council planning officers have recommended that those applications are approved.
A controversial application to build 137 student flats above Cowley Road’s Tesco supermarket could also be approved.
Councillors representing St Clement’s said they will oppose it.
The city council’s West Area planning committee will be asked to decide whether both applications get the go-ahead from 6pm tonight.
The meeting will take place at Oxford Town Hall.
Image: Oxford Mail